Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

using airport time capsule with at&t u-verse

I'm going to be ordering AT&T u-verse which requires the use of their gateway wi-fi modem. I want to continue to use my airport time capsule as my network router. How do I set this up? Do I disable the wifi in the AT&T gateway modem and if so how do I do that? Do I conntect the at&t modem to my time capsule the same way my current cable modem is connected, via the O ethernet port? How do I setup my time capsule using airport utility 6.1? It's currently setup with DHCP, does that need to be changed?

Posted on Aug 12, 2012 9:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2012 10:02 AM

Two Things to Do:

1) Connect an Ethernet cable from one of the LAN <-> ports on the Uverse router to the WAN "O" port on the Time Capsule. Open AirPort Utility, click on the Time Capsule and change the setting for Network / Router Mode from to "Off (Bridge Mode). Click Upate to save the new settings.

User uploaded file

2) Enter 192.168.1.254 into your Internet browser address bar and press Enter. This will bring up the configuratiion page for the Uverse router. Look for a Wireless page or tab, then disable the wireless on the Uverse router. Click to Save the settings.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 12, 2012 10:02 AM in response to LMarie

Two Things to Do:

1) Connect an Ethernet cable from one of the LAN <-> ports on the Uverse router to the WAN "O" port on the Time Capsule. Open AirPort Utility, click on the Time Capsule and change the setting for Network / Router Mode from to "Off (Bridge Mode). Click Upate to save the new settings.

User uploaded file

2) Enter 192.168.1.254 into your Internet browser address bar and press Enter. This will bring up the configuratiion page for the Uverse router. Look for a Wireless page or tab, then disable the wireless on the Uverse router. Click to Save the settings.

using airport time capsule with at&t u-verse

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.