Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Internet sharing over WiFi is broken in Mountain Lion

Anyone else experiencing this?

Just installed ML on my iMac. I have been sharing ethernet Internet to WiFi for many years through this machine. When ML was installed, it was gone, broken. I have tried everything from changing main Network Profile, changing name of the Internet Sharing Network, changing the channel, secure and unsecure, and of course restarting all devices multiple times.

I have the icon with the arrow telling me that the network is enabled, and I *have* managed to connect sporadically, but only for a short period of time and never for more than 2 units at a time. This is completely random. 99% of the time, I get the error messages (loosely translated I am afraid…)

• "Could not connect to network …"
  • "Connection timed out"

1. Please tell if you have a fix and
  2. Please Tell Apple throught their feedback system if you don't.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Aug 12, 2012 10:08 AM

6 replies

Aug 25, 2012 1:45 AM in response to apptastic

I've been having the same issue in both Lion and now after upgrading to Mountain Lion. Internet sharing will work flawlessly for awhile, until suddenly it will stop and then I get the two error messages you mentioned. The one solution that has worked for me, and was posted elsewhere, is simply renaming the WiFi network being shared by the computer with the ethernet connection. Hope that helps, although I'm sure everyone would prefer to know what is actually causing the issue...

Internet sharing over WiFi is broken in Mountain Lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.