Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync / Time Zone problems in iCloud/iPhone sync

I recently moved and I have noticed that when I put an event on my calendar in my iPhone, it appears in my iCloud calendar as an hour behind. Also, when I put an event in my iCloud calendar it appears on my iPhone one hour ahead. I have checked to make sure all my settings are on Mountain Time, but NOTHING has worked to get them to sync properly. Please assist.

iPhone 4S, iOS 5, iCloud sync

Posted on Aug 12, 2012 10:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2012 12:38 PM

You said that you checked your settings on your iPhone:

Seetings > General > Date & Time > Set Automatically (should be enabled)

Then please check also your iCloud settings, especially for your calendar on www.icloud.com:

When you log in to iCloud (www.icloud.com) you should be able to select time zone.

1. Click your name on top in the right corner
  2. Click Time Zone to open
  3. Choose your Time Zone

If this not help it could be that the time zone support is disabled for Calendar...

To fix this,...

1. Open your calendar (on www.icloud.com)
  2. Click on the icon in the upper right corner and choose "Preferences"
  3. Open "Advanced"
  4. Make sure the first checkbox is ticked

I hope it helps to fix your problem?

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 12, 2012 12:38 PM in response to aenkh

You said that you checked your settings on your iPhone:

Seetings > General > Date & Time > Set Automatically (should be enabled)

Then please check also your iCloud settings, especially for your calendar on www.icloud.com:

When you log in to iCloud (www.icloud.com) you should be able to select time zone.

1. Click your name on top in the right corner
  2. Click Time Zone to open
  3. Choose your Time Zone

If this not help it could be that the time zone support is disabled for Calendar...

To fix this,...

1. Open your calendar (on www.icloud.com)
  2. Click on the icon in the upper right corner and choose "Preferences"
  3. Open "Advanced"
  4. Make sure the first checkbox is ticked

I hope it helps to fix your problem?

Aug 12, 2012 1:38 PM in response to dcmenzel

I discovered what the problem was after much messing around. I had my Mountain Time Zone in iCloud set to Phoenix rather than Denver. Since Phoenix does not observe DST, it was making my calendars not sync up, as they were set to different time zones. I would laugh, but it took me the better part of the day to figure this out, and I feel sort of ridiculous. But, still... LOL.

Sep 21, 2015 7:45 PM in response to aenkh

The time zone support is a most confusing thing. Being a frequent traveler, I didn't want my appts to change to reflect the new time zone as I travelled, but to stay listed as the original times. I am perplexed why this is the default. Those that want a change should change the setting to allow for this. I switched time zone support on on my phone and computer and still it didn't work until I realized that I needed to also change it on my ipad. Sadly, I discovered this while I was traveling and things now say the correct, original time but because I changed them while I was not in the "original" zone each appt now has a note with a parenthesis stating the original time zone with an adjusted time different than the original. I see no other choice but to wait until I am in my original time zone and re-input all the appts. I think apple dropped the ball on this one trying to make things convenient, but assuming everyone wanted something they didn't.

Sync / Time Zone problems in iCloud/iPhone sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.