Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iWeb 3.0.4 Site Doesn't Work in Mountain Lion

I am running iWeb 3.0.4 on OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion). When I open iWeb and select a site (which uses the black theme), all I see is a blank gray box where the page used to appear. The YouTube videos I put on the page are there, but none of the text and background shows. I went to the Theme menu to try and re-apply the theme, but it is grayed out in the list and nothing changes in the box when I select a different theme.

Is this a permissions issue or something else happening? I have looked for a com.apple.iweb.plist file in my Library > Application Support folder but nothing is there. I really need to access this site to make updates and/or to port it to another software package that is supported.

Any idease are welcome. Thank you for your help.

David Biddix

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2008), OS X Mountain Lion, 4 Gb of RAM

Posted on Aug 12, 2012 12:45 PM

2 replies

Aug 13, 2012 3:40 PM in response to David Biddix

You were looking the wrong library. The library you want is invisible in Lion and Mt Lion. However the following will let you make it visible again:

In Lion the Library folder is now invisible. To make it permanently visible enter the following in the Terminal application window: chflags nohidden ~/Library and hit the Enter button - 10.7: Un-hide the User Library folder.

Once it's visible use the app below to select and open the domain file to work on:

To open your domain file in Lion or to switch between multiple domain files Cyclosaurus has provided us with the following script that you can make into an Applescript application with Script Editor. Open Script Editor, copy and paste the script below into Script Editor's window and save as an application.

do shell script "/usr/bin/defaults write com.apple.iWeb iWebDefaultsDocumentPath -boolean no"

delay 1

tell application "iWeb" to activate

You can download an already compiled version with this link: iWeb Switch Domain.

Just launch the application, find and select the domain file you want to open and it will open with iWeb. It modifies the iWeb preference file each time it's launched so one can switch between domain files.

WARNING: iWeb Switch Domain will overwrite an existing Domain.sites2 file if you select to create a new domain in the same folder. So rename your domain files once they've been created to something other than the default name.

OT

iWeb 3.0.4 Site Doesn't Work in Mountain Lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.