Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Software Update/App Store Update doesn't register updates.

Running Mountain Lion despite what the signature below says.

Software Update/App store shows me I have 5 updates - so, like a good boy, I install them.

Next time I start up, it's showing the same 5 updates available.

Opening one of the programs & checking "About..." shows I'm running the updated version.

Going to App Store & selecting "Updates" shows the updates - status installed. But it still has a figure "5" on its Dock icon and un the Updates b

Is there any way of convincing S/W update and/or App Store of this?

MacPro 2009,, Mac OS X (10.7), 12GB, 640Mb, 3 x 1TB, Radeon 4870, NEC EA231WMI-BK and Dell 19"

Posted on Aug 12, 2012 1:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2012 1:10 PM

There are a few reasons this may happen. You have more than one volume with an installation of OS X; it's a glitch in App Store. In either case don't worry over it. The issue is harmless.

3 replies

Aug 12, 2012 1:38 PM in response to ttreen1950

Thanks both,

I do indeed keep my boot drive cloned to one of the other HDs in the Mac - and to an eSATA drive as well. Probably overkill, but it's a belt and braces (belt & suspenders to you US guys?) way of ensuring I have an immediately bootable backup in the event of failure of my boot drive.

The fact that it might be seeing not-updated apps on the other drive is so obvious it never occured to me.

I shall return to being unconcerned.

Best,

Ted

Software Update/App Store Update doesn't register updates.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.