Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I send a Numbers file to my iPhone via bluetooth and view it on the iPhone?

I have tried "connecting" my laptop and iPhone. It said the pairing was successful, but the iPhone says "Not Connected" under Settings > General > Bluetooth.

I try to send a file to it according to these instructions http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3042 and Bluetooth File Exchange gives the error message, "This device does not have the necessary services."

I'm trying to send a .numbers file to my iPhone. Am I able to view .numbers files on my iPhone? What services does the phone lack? Is there a solution to this problem? What can one do via Bluetooth with an iPhone? Please help! Thank you for your time.

My info:

iPhone: model, MC677LL; version, 5.1.1 (9B206) -- according to settings. However, according to the phone' back, it says: Model No. A1349

Laptop: Mac OS X Version 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard)

iPhone 3G, Software Version 4.2.10.

Posted on Aug 12, 2012 3:44 PM

8 replies

Aug 12, 2012 3:56 PM in response to ethereality

This is from the iPhone Manual. You might be able to share the file without Bluetooth. Indeed iPhone does support .numbers files:

File sharing

File Sharing lets you transfer files with a USB cable between iPhone and your computer, using iTunes. You can share files created with a compatible app and saved in a supported format.

Apps that support file sharing appear in the File Sharing Apps list in iTunes. For each app, the Files list shows the documents that are on iPhone. See the app’s documentation for information about how it shares files; not all apps support this feature.

Transfer a file from iPhone to your computer: In iTunes, go to your device’s Apps pane. In the File Sharing section, select an app from the list. On the right, select the file you want to transfer, then click “Save to.”

Transfer a file from your computer to iPhone: In iTunes, go to your device’s Apps pane. In the File Sharing section, select an app, then click Add. The file is immediately transferred to your device for use with the app you selected.

Delete a file from iPhone: In iTunes, go to your device’s Apps pane. In the File Sharing section, select the file, then press the Delete key.

How do I send a Numbers file to my iPhone via bluetooth and view it on the iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.