Skip navigation

Mountain Lion itunes

716 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: Nov 28, 2012 9:06 AM by thlim RSS
angelbyte Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Aug 12, 2012 5:38 PM

I'm using an iMac, about 18 months old.

Since Mt Lion, iTunes randomly opens and starts playing. And while watching a movie, it pauses every few minutes.

iMac (27-inch Mid 2010), OS X Mountain Lion
  • ClayG Level 4 Level 4 (1,415 points)
    Aug 12, 2012 6:01 PM (in response to angelbyte)

Have you tried simply restarting your computer? Also, try repairing disk permissions in Disk Utility. If neither of those things helps, report back and we'll take it from there.

• mvzegarra Calculating status...
    Aug 13, 2012 10:15 AM (in response to ClayG)

I have some issues like that, If im listening a song and safari or another program is not responding the song automatically pauses it may happen 4 times in a 4 minute song and the reason my safari crashes is because of mt lion bugs because it wasn't a problem before. I need to wait for the update of mt lion ? or reinstall itunes?

• Mattieboosh Calculating status...
    Aug 25, 2012 5:45 PM (in response to angelbyte)

I'm having the same issue too! When trying to do something entirely different, just searching the Internet for example (Itunes closed) It will just keep starting and Pausing random songs in the selected playlist, Even after quitting Itunes, it will reopen and doing it again! It's almost as if I'm being hacked and someone is just trolling me!

Quite irritating, any help would be greatfully recieved!

• AlbertDomingo Calculating status...
    Aug 26, 2012 9:27 PM (in response to Mattieboosh)

This is also happening to me. It started only today. I'm on a late 2011 15" MBP, running Mountain Lion. iTunes just randomly opens itself and plays a track. It keeps on doing so even after I quit (or force quit) it.

Please help. Thanks

• Andrea Sian Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Nov 4, 2012 6:52 AM (in response to angelbyte)

Same issue here, not sure why this is happening but it's very annoying when I'm trying to work in Logic.

• thlim Calculating status...
    Nov 28, 2012 9:06 AM (in response to angelbyte)

I encountered the same problem just 2 days ago. I installed ML about a month ago and  this problem occurred 2 days ago. I am using a mid-2010 MBP. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.