Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disable iPhone.

So I lost my phone recently and a classmate of mine found it, and some friends of his tried unlocking my phone, but they failed too many times so it tells me to Connect to Itunes. When i do, it tells to to enter my passcode (which i cant do.. it's freaking disabled!). I had backuped my iphone a few days before, but my laptop broke and all the data on it was wiped. ive read some other forums where i have to restore and backup, but i cant backup again because i can't get it to connect to itunes anyway.

Do i have to get it fixed IN the apple store, and if i do, how much is the fee (if there is..)

i really need help. thanks in advance. C:

iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Aug 12, 2012 7:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2012 9:05 PM

This article may help: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1212

I do not believe you will have to visit the Apple Store, even if the solution is not contained in this article. The solution is out there somewhere ...

6 replies

Aug 13, 2012 9:45 PM in response to biiancaz

biiancaz,

You asked if recovery mode wipes all data off your iPhone. In her first response, AnaMusic said yes it will ... however:

In the article she referenced in that post, the last paragraph says:

Note: When using recovery mode, you can only restore the device. All user content on the device will be erased, but if you had previously synced with iTunes on this computer, you can restore from a previous backup. See this article for more information.

So, as it says, if you previously synched your iPhone, you should be able to restore the data!

Hope that helps.

Disable iPhone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.