Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mac app store not in notification center

does anyone has this where the mac app store isn't in the notification center. I have checked and i see others getting notification banners and upadates in the notification center about software updates from the mac app store.

mine is a mid 2010 macbook pro 15" i downloaded mountain lion a month ago.

just curious and seeking some help

Jon

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Aug 12, 2012 7:19 PM

10 replies

Oct 20, 2012 9:38 AM in response to mende1

This is really annoying... Standard users (who cannot install updates) shouldn't be getting stinking notifications about this constantly before I can get to the computer to install updates. ON top of this, the notification should be a banenr which will disappear shortly instead of an ANNOYING ALERT that the standard user can't even do anything aobut... I have many standard users on our Macs and this is a huge pain. Please either disable notifications about app store updates for standard accounts entirely (recommended), change the alert style to banner for standard users, or at least put the option to change app store notifications in system preferences.... again, why notify someone who can't even do anything about? By the way, apple rocks... grin. I can't get mad at you guys.

Dec 7, 2013 5:58 AM in response to JonaYO

I thing this is a bug of Mac OS. Normally all apps sending notifications to the notification center should be listed under System Preferences -> Notifications. I wonder how apple forgot to put its own app under the list.

Do not be confused. Disabling updates is different than getting notifications about the updates.

I like to get updates for all my apps automatically but sinse I use my Macbook for work, I find it very disturbing to interupt what I do just to click "ok" to the notification because an app was updated. It is enough for me to know that all my apps are up to date.

I hope to see this fixed soon.

mac app store not in notification center

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.