Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Prosumer Photo Hosting

Q for all the photobugs that do it for a living.

What is your preferred solution for hosting photos / shoots / events etc.

I've been looking around and the most complete solution which includes

personal branding

e-commerce linkage for stock selling

private / public / non-listed galleries

mobile, social acccess, etc

is SmugMug

can you guys share your recos - I'd like to replace my collections from MobileMe and merge it into a professional portfolio.

Thanks

JJ

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.4), 32 GB DDR3, Triple TB Display

Posted on Aug 12, 2012 9:14 PM

5 replies

Aug 14, 2012 7:06 AM in response to wombat2007

I use SmugMug, and use its template. If I were doing it over, I would consider letting SmugMug host my own domain to show photos, but with over a hundred galleries presently, it does not make sense for me to start over.

But I think customizing in general, and especially with your own domain hosted by them, should provide good results.

SmugMug was a lot better for me than MobileMe, btw, due to its working well with various operating systems, monitor sizes and even iOS devices.

Ernie

Sep 5, 2012 8:55 PM in response to Ernie Stamper

thanks guys

I'm really reticent to get pulled into the HTML/CSS world again - arghh. I've already done this a few times with other programs and all the affiliates are charging ridculous prices for almost a peice of javascript.

I've gone all around the horn and I'm really not impressed with anyone. I might even use wordpress and pay a developer to snazz up the CSS.

I'm not sold that paying the extra cash to even have e-commerce enabled is worth it. Can anyone speak to whether they have sold anything off stock or prints to make it worthwhile ?

I'm thinking of just having my visual site up on Wpress for hiring and delivering everything off Picasa.

Zenfolio I am looking at but the pricepoint again, is really crazy for what they offer.

Prosumer Photo Hosting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.