9 Replies Latest reply: Aug 13, 2012 8:12 PM by WZZZ
wtayloranthony Level 1 (0 points)

Hi, I recently just purchased Snow Leopard 10.6.3 from Amazon.com for a ridiculous amount -- $130. It just finished installing on my computer and after doing a few software updates I now am currently downloading Mountain Lion. Does anyone know how I can deauthorize Snow Leopard so I can give it to other family members in my household who also want to make the jump from Leopard (10.5.8) to Mountain Lion?

Also, I heard there were some problems from people making this jump, does anyone know what to watch for and how I could prevent it? Any help would make me extremely grateful.

Thanks!

Snow Leopard CD 10.6.3, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Snow Leopard
  • noondaywitch Level 6 (8,135 points)

It's not necessary to de-authorise. Once you've loaded Mountain Lion, you can legally use the DVD to install on another computer.

Apple doesn't keep tabs on DVD installations the way MS does.

• baltwo Level 9 (62,215 points)

wtayloranthony wrote:

I recently just purchased Snow Leopard 10.6.3 from Amazon.com for a ridiculous amount -- $130.

Wow! Interesting, since Apple sells it for $29 USD via its online store's telesales agents: 1-800-MY-APPLE (1-800-692-7753) or Customer Service and Sales Support at 1-800-676-2775.

• WZZZ Level 6 (12,845 points)

Maybe Amazon will take it back. Unless the OP is in some place where it's not possible to get Apple Phone Sales.

If it's returnable. Some items aren't, especially if they're shrink-wrapped CDs/DVDs.

• wtayloranthony Level 1 (0 points)

Thanks! Are you absoultely positive that it will work on another computer?

And do you know where I could get the box shrink wrapped? I tried the UPS Store and Staples to no avail. I want to return it so I can get the $29 version from Apple and save $110. But I accidentally took the top half of the shrink wrap off Please let me know!

Thanks Again !

Thanks!

And do you know where I could get the box shrink wrapped? I tried the UPS Store and Staples to no avail. I want to return it so I can get the $29 version from Apple and save $110. But I accidentally took the top half of the shrink wrap off Please let me know!

Thanks Again !

Do you know where I could get the box shrink wrapped? I tried the UPS Store and Staples to no avail. I want to return it so I can get the $29 version from Apple and save $110. But I accidentally took the top half of the shrink wrap off Please let me know!

Thanks Again !

Not a clue, but suspect a google search for shrink wrap might yield some clues. BTW, did you check the Amazon returns page for it's eligibility?

• WZZZ Level 6 (12,845 points)

Call Amazon. 800‑201‑7575