Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Motion 4 is there a limit to the duration of a clip imported to M4

Is there a limit to the duration of a clip imported in Motion 4. My clip is being cut short a few seconds. ??????????????

Final Cut Studio '09

Posted on Aug 12, 2012 11:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2012 1:59 PM

I'm sure there is a limit, but I've never encountered it and as a practical matter, it should be a non issue. (Of course, if the project has a ton of layers and effects, you might tie even the beefiest computer into knots for a very long time.)

But to your question, if you are importing directly into Motion (in contrast to Send to Motion in FCP), and you're missing the tail of the clip, I'd first look at the project properties to see whether duration is long enough. Also see whether there is any black at the beginning in case the playhead was advanced beyond the start when the clip was added to the project.

Russ

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 13, 2012 1:59 PM in response to dubdroid 1

I'm sure there is a limit, but I've never encountered it and as a practical matter, it should be a non issue. (Of course, if the project has a ton of layers and effects, you might tie even the beefiest computer into knots for a very long time.)

But to your question, if you are importing directly into Motion (in contrast to Send to Motion in FCP), and you're missing the tail of the clip, I'd first look at the project properties to see whether duration is long enough. Also see whether there is any black at the beginning in case the playhead was advanced beyond the start when the clip was added to the project.

Russ

Motion 4 is there a limit to the duration of a clip imported to M4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.