Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

over quota and have deleted LOADS of mails inbox and sent but still saying im over my quota..?

Apple says im over my quota yet I have 4.76 of 5gb available and have deleted LOADS of mails from inbox and sent but still saying im over my quota..?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Aug 13, 2012 1:06 AM

7 replies

Aug 13, 2012 1:13 AM in response to happywarbs

Apple will send out emails when it calculates your allocation is close to or has been used up. This can occur even when for example, you have initiated a backup but not completed it, the email is sent when the space to be used is calculated.

The best way to manage your allocation is to use system preferences > iCloud > manage, on your Mac or settings > iCloud > backup & storage > manage , on your mobile device. From here you can view how much of your allocated space is in use and what for, as well as removing any unwanted data.

Feb 10, 2013 12:15 PM in response to mac-kelly

mac-kelly wrote:

Kaitly: I have done this as well and zero'd out everything (draft/trash/inbox on my one and only account) and turned off ALL apps and it still shows NO CLOUD space due to mail at 4.7GB (there is zero).

I can't believe this isn't addressed better. We are paying for "the cloud experience" but have no cloud. >:`(

You are not paying for "the cloud experience"

iCloud is a free service (5G storage)

over quota and have deleted LOADS of mails inbox and sent but still saying im over my quota..?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.