Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imessage "your message could not be sent"

Since upgrading to Mountain Lion, my imessage no longer syncs with my phone or send messages. The message status from my pro is "delivered" then it goes to a little red warning sign and says "your message could not be sent" click try again to send this message. I can send to the same contacts using my iphone imessage.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Iphone 4, Mac Pro, iOS 4

Posted on Aug 13, 2012 7:03 AM

5 replies

Aug 13, 2012 2:11 PM in response to Inksp0t

Hi,

Are you sending to their iPhone Numbers or to their Apple IDs ?

Which are you sending from on the iPhone ?

User uploaded file
10:11 PM Monday; August 13, 2012

Please, if posting Logs, do not post any Log info after the line "Binary Images for iChat"

 iMac 2.5Ghz 5i 2011 (Lion 10.7.2)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
"Limit the Logs to the Bits above Binary Images."  No, Seriously

Aug 14, 2012 11:38 AM in response to Inksp0t

Hi,

So, other than the Upgrade nothing has changed between Messages Beta and the full version in Mountain Lion ?

However the Mac versions of Messages when Sending iMessages to Contacts it shows you a little red Exclamation Mark and indicates the message has not gone.

Do your Contacts actually get the message ?

These are known Contacts of yours that have iPhones and as far as you can tell you are "Sending" to their Phone Numbers.

If you send to their Apple IDs (If you know them) do you get different rtesults ?

User uploaded file
7:38 PM Tuesday; August 14, 2012

Please, if posting Logs, do not post any Log info after the line "Binary Images for iChat"

 Mac OS X (10.6.8),

Aug 15, 2012 12:46 AM in response to Ralph-Johns-UK

Nothing has changed between the two apart from the upgrade.

When I check some contacts are sent to their mobile (iphone) numbers and some are sent to their Apple ID's or email addresses.

So, for example, I sent successfully messages to a contact number yesterday and was sending Imessages from my phone last night. None have synced.

Another person to whom I send via iphone number was getting messages now doesnt and I get the "red exclamation mark", although this morning they are sending just fine and being delivered and recieved.

I have been sending to their phone numbers successfully until the upgrade and now it seems to be hit and miss.

I appreciate you helping very much.

Thanks

Greg

Aug 15, 2012 1:28 PM in response to Inksp0t

Hummm,

I have feeling that uptake of Mountain Lion is happening in waves.

Add to that the increase in Messages due to the Olympics and I think we may have an issue with the Servers Apple use for iMessages.

Of course such a statement is of no use in finding a solution and is only guess work as to a possible cause.

I would be tempted to try a "Repair Permissions" in Disk Utility > First Aid tab

and I would also try a PRAM reset.

Shut down the computer.

Restart it holding down Apple/CMD ( or ⌘)+ALT( ⌥)+P+R Keys until you have heard three Start Up Bongs.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file
9:28 PM Wednesday; August 15, 2012

 Mac OS X (10.6.8),

imessage "your message could not be sent"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.