Skip navigation

Macbook pro 13 or Macbook Air 13 ?

144 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 13, 2012 8:08 AM by Ralph Landry1 RSS
sachit Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Aug 13, 2012 7:34 AM

My usage :-

1) Surfing (I open lot of windows at a time ), iWork, iLife  ( light use ) Multimedia like movies, MS office, email.

I heard if we use iLife on Macbook Air it slows

Please Help

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1, 32GB Black
  • Ralph Landry1 Level 7 Level 7 (28,985 points)
    Aug 13, 2012 7:40 AM (in response to sachit)

A lot depends on what you want to use the machine for, do you consider weight very important, updradability very important?  For light use, not much difference other than weight.  The MBP has a slightly faxter cpu but that will be overcome for some tasks by the faster response of the SSD vs hard drive.  Both have the same graphics processor so that doesn't affect the choice.

You cannot upgrade the MBA memory after purchase so get as much as you will need.  Also, the SSD is significantly smaller than the MBP hard drive so get as much storage as you can afford.

Both for light duty should be fine...just make sure if you go with the MBA you outfit it as fully as you can at the time of purchase.

• Ralph Landry1 Level 7 Level 7 (28,985 points)
    Aug 13, 2012 8:08 AM (in response to sachit)

It is very difficult to tell you buy this or that...what I would do is go to an Apple store or reseller, and spend some quality time with both machines and see how each performs.  Does one seem to do the tasks you want better than the other?  Does one seem quicker than the other?  Then you have some data points to better inform your decision.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.