Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can´t open Aperture?!

A few days ago I bougth Aperture. Aperture worked fine, I imported some pictures from "Adobe Bridge" to to Aperture, that also worked fine but. I closed Aperture. But when I opened Aperture again i woulden open! and i get this error message: To open this iPhoto library in Aperture, it first needs to be upgraded. Verify that you have iPhoto 9.3 or later. Then open the library in iPhoto to upgrade it.

I did exactly the thing the error message told me. then I tried to open aperture again, but i still get the same error message! please I need help!!

MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011)

Posted on Aug 13, 2012 7:32 AM

2 replies

Aug 13, 2012 9:08 AM in response to RaminSaki

What is your Aperture version and MacOS version?

How do you launch Aperture? It could be that Aperture is trying to open the wrong library. Try to open your Aperture library directly by double-clicking it.

If that should not work, try to create a new, empty Aperture library by launching Aperture with the options-key held down. If you can launch aperture this way, try to import your old Aperture library into the new library: File > Import > Library

Regards

Léonie

can´t open Aperture?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.