Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I've changed my apple ID to the correct email but it is still asking for the old apple id password, how do I fix this to be my apple id and password?

I've changed my apple ID to the correct email on the iPod touch, the same one that is on my iPad. But when I go to download a new app it still asks for the old owners password. How do I change it to my apple id and password for downloads?

iPod touch

Posted on Aug 13, 2012 9:09 AM

9 replies

Aug 13, 2012 9:50 AM in response to planb77

Okay, so I got my niece an iPod touch and she was using my apple id to download apps and whatnot. Then we got her an iPad as well and set her up her own apple id. Now we are trying to switch her iPod touch to be on her apple id, the same one we created for her iPad. We did the settings ----> store and switched it to her email and apple id and password, so when she logs in it uses her id but when she goes to download any new data or apps on ther ipod touch it still asks for my apple id and password. How do we get it to use her apple id and password?

thank u by the way

Aug 13, 2012 11:10 AM in response to planb77

okay that is what was happening, she was trying to update content that was downloaded with my account id. When she downloads new data is does ask for her id and password now.

We deleted all the content that she had downloaded with my id, but there were some paid apps that she can not transfer so I gifted her one of the pay apps from my id email to hers. Do you know how or where she goes to get the app I gifted to her? I've never gifted an app before,

Thank you for your help,

Kristin

May 8, 2014 10:48 AM in response to HoiPollois

Help please!

My situation appears to be the same however, going to Settings > Sign Out does not solve the problem.

My iPhone's *AppStore* shows that I need to update 104 Apps. The ID showing is my old Apple ID (in the past, an ID did not requiere the name@domain format; a "xname" was enough).

Recently (due to an IOS upgrade?) my old ID (format "xname") appeared and does not let me change it anywhere! Even in the managing your ID Apple web page that old ID does not show (of course now I have an xname@icloud.com and an xname@me.com besides my xname@domain.com) so how can I get rid of this

Interestingly, if I want to add ('Purchase') a new App my current ID works, but to Update, the old one is hardcoded on the "Sign In To iTunes Store | Enter the Apple ID password for 'xname' "

iPhone 4S IOS 7.1.1 (11D201)

iTunes (on MacBook Pro) 11.1.5 (5)

I've changed my apple ID to the correct email but it is still asking for the old apple id password, how do I fix this to be my apple id and password?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.