Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fox Blu-ray Digital Copy - can't download to itunes

I have just bought The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel from Amazon on Blu-ray and it is advertised with a digital copy which can be redeemed from the Fox website. I went to the website but the only download options were for Windows and Android (nothing for ipad). The box cotained just the Blu-ray disc plus details of how to download the digital copy. There is no second disc with the digital copy (I know some films have this).

I then tried redeeming the film on the ipad, but it said I needed to do it on the PC instead. I've tried going into itunes and it seems to recognise the copy, but it tells me that I need to insert the disc. When I do this the PC won't recognise the disc as it's a Bl-ray disc and I only have a DVD player on my PC.

I've tried e-mailing Fox to see what they have to say but haven't had a response yet. Looking across the discussion boards there seem to be a lot of very similar problems to this one but no one seems to know a solution. I know the digital copy is a free extra, but I still feel that I've been ripped off as the details inside claim "plays everywhere" - not on my ipad it doesn't!

Anyone got any ideas? Thanks

iPad, Windows XP Pro

Posted on Aug 13, 2012 8:45 AM

13 replies

Aug 13, 2012 2:25 PM in response to Davidt131

Thanks. If the package didn't include a Digital Copy disk, then the redemption code should work. Fox UK's support site indicates that you have to go to:

www.foxdigitalcopy.com/uk/go

If you haven't tried that site, you might go there and see what it does. If it's still insisting on the disk, then either the disk should have been included or they included the wrong type of code. If either case, you'll have to work with Fox UK Support to sort the problem.

Regards.

Aug 13, 2012 3:27 PM in response to varjak paw

I tried the site - it only has options for Windows or Android (not Ipad). The redemption code works from there, but I can only get a wmv file which cannot be loaded into itunes as it doesn't support wmv files. On the itunes help site it suggests entering the redemption code into itunes, but although it recognises the code it insists on having the disc, which my computer won't recognise as it's a blu-ray disk.

Aug 14, 2012 8:59 AM in response to Davidt131

It does seem that the text on the back of the DVD case is misleading to say the least

From the back of the DVD in readable font :-

"Includes a digital copy of your film for your tablet or Android phone"

My definition of tablet is iPad, Galaxy etc etc....

But on the bottom of the DVD in text only readble by someone with perfect vision or a magnifying glass it states:-

"Digital Copy is compatiable with Windows Play for Sure (™) or Portable Media Player and Android 2.2 or above."

I am tempted to take mine back to Tesco and say that I have been miss sold this product, but since I have opened it might be difficult.

I believe that it is possible to rip BluRays but a slow process..

Fox Blu-ray Digital Copy - can't download to itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.