Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"There is a problem with your iPhone." (Restoring/Recovery issues)

So, the other day, I got my iPhone 4 wet (idiot, I know!). After drying it out in a bowl of rice for 24 hours, it seemed to start up just fine and when connected to iTunes, it prompted me to do a full restore to factory settings. I did just that, and after the restore software downloaded and seemed to install onto the iPhone, it began going through the setup process. It let me go through a few screens of setup (language, country, location services etc., before showing the connect to iTunes screen). Then iTunes displayed this message:

"There is a problem with your iPhone. Please visit the Service Answer Center to find answers to all your questions about service options, warranty and other processes in your country. To find your nearest Apple Store, click here."

There are no other options given on neither the phone nor iTunes.

I am out of warranty, have called Apple about replacement options, and was also advised to continue trying to restore. After 3 or 4 times trying to restore, with the same message, I am asking if anyone knows any other tricks before I go and fork out $169.99 for a replacement phone.

Thanks,

Mike

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1, 16GB black iPhone 4, restoring

Posted on Aug 13, 2012 9:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2012 9:44 AM

There is no magic that is going to fix this. 24 hours was probably nowhere near long enough for it to dry thoroughly on the inside. Since you've had it powered on quite a bit since then, it's most likely permanently cooked now if it wasn't before.

You're going to have to pony up for a replacement.

8 replies

Oct 8, 2012 10:49 PM in response to mikeszalay

Hii mikeszalay,

I have exactly same issue, and my screen can show language and country after I restored for like 7 times.

My itunes is showing

"There is a problem with your iPhone. Please visit the Service Answer Center to find answers to all your questions about service options, warranty and other processes in your country. To find your nearest Apple Store, click here."

What did you do after this problem? did you successfully fix the phone? Cause I dont know what to do now, and my phone is also out of warranty : (( It will be a really great help if you could share experience!!

Thank you so much!!!

Oct 10, 2012 9:34 PM in response to mikeszalay

Hii thank you mike for your quick respond!:)

I spent more than 7 hours to try to figure out, and I actually fixed it by myself!!!

I connected to itune to my desktop and then switch to connect itune on my laptop for like

two times and tried to restore it. Then, I turn off my iphone and use hairdryer for about 5

minutes, and reconnect to the itune again!!!! After all this process, it works!

But thank you again for your sharing:)

Renee

Jul 6, 2013 4:20 PM in response to mikeszalay

This happened to my Daughter's Iphone 4 32 GB. We took it to a local place that fixes iPhones and they reloaded the software somehow. It seemed to work for a couple of hours and downloaded all her info from iCloud. We went to a movie and she checked again. . Same message. I tried a hard reset on the phone. . Nothing. . Tried another hard reset (hold the power and home buttons at the same time until the screen goes dark) and right now, she is back in business. We will see if it holds this time?

"There is a problem with your iPhone." (Restoring/Recovery issues)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.