Previous 1 2 Next 19 Replies Latest reply: Nov 19, 2014 8:40 PM by Brent Rochford
Rick Mansfield Level 1 (145 points)

I'm guessing that the answer to this is "No," but I thought I'd ask anyway.

I often share screens with family to help them out on their Macs. But I thought I would ask if there is any kind of remote desktop app for the iPad so that I could see someone's iPad screen remotely. I'm assuming there is not because this would be way beyond a "sandbox" violoation. Nevertheless, I thought I'd ask.

Thanks.

• Demo Level 10 (88,801 points)

Look at Splashtop Desktop Remote and Team Viewer. I don't see why they would not work on someone else's computer as long as they download the helper apps on their Macs. However, you would have to read the information for yourself. I have Team Viewer and I can control and see my MacBook desktop with it.

• Florin101 Level 2 (170 points)

Yes! :) there is Team Viewer!

I have used Team Viewer for my Mac and iPad! It works great! If you have any more questions, just ask! :)

• Rick Mansfield Level 1 (145 points)

Thanks for everyone's replies, but I don't see how either Team Viewer or Splashtop is going to do what I'm asking.

Perhaps I didn't explain what I'm wanting to do clearly enough. If I want to provide support to someone who is using an iPad, is there any way that from my Mac I could pull up the screen of someone's iPad via some kind of remote desktop app, go into Settings (or any particular app) on that person's iPad and help that person out?

Again, I assume that this is not possible because of Apple's restrictions, but I thought I'd at least check.

O I see what you are saying. Unfortunately, I don't know how you would do that.

Sorry...

• Demo Level 10 (88,801 points)

I apologize as well. I twisted your question the other way around. I know of no way to remotely control an iPad from a computer - without hacking the iOS anyway.

• Rick Mansfield Level 1 (145 points)

Thanks everyone for trying to help. I don't see Apple ever letting a third party create an app that would do this, but perhaps one day they will expand the capabilities of Remote Desktop to include support for iPads.

• snellor Level 1 (0 points)

Hi, I have the same question. My mother is 90 and when she has a problem on her iPad sometimes I need to see what she is trying to do, or show her how to do something. I would like to know if you ever found a solution for an iPad yo iPad remote login. What a great help desk app something like that would be!!

• Moddedout Level 1 (0 points)

There is. It's called log me in rescue. Unfortunately it only is available in the enterprise version the last time I checked. I have not found any app since using logmein rescue that does this though.

Another one is Bomgar but it too is an enterprise based app.

• robdrage Level 4 (2,765 points)

Neither of those can control an ipad from another device which was the request.

BTW, this thread is two years old and was dormant since October last year.

I think you need to try them both again. We trialed both and I was able to control my iPad from my desktop here at work. I was also able to control my iPhone. A ton has changed since this thread was opened. Just thought I would add to it in case someone was looking for the answer that is now available. Too bad it's enterprise level.

• robdrage Level 4 (2,765 points)

I stand corrected then, It has been a few months since I had access to Logmein.

What version is capable of this?

Edit;

After reviewing their website and tech notes, it appears that you can NOT remote control an Apple iOS device but have the ability through an App to share a web browser and some screen shots, Whiteboard together but NOT true remote control like with other types of desktop and laptop OS.

The latest. We trialed it here at work and are trying to decide between logmein and bomgar. Again only the enterprise versions of these products do this. It's only a matter of time before another company or someone else comes up with a cheaper solution for us techs that support family and friends.

Previous 1 2 Next