Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I log into iCloud on my iPad?

When I go to the iCloud.com website on my iPad, I can't log into my iCloud account. The only options are to (a) set up iCloud, which has already been set up on all my devices, (b) Install Find My Phone, which is already installed on my iPad, or (c) Install Find My Friends, which is irrelevant. There is no login window.

A previous thread suggested that installing and using the Find My iPhone app would fix the problem, but it doing so changes nothing on my iPad. What am I missing?

iPad 2, iOS 5.1

Posted on Aug 13, 2012 10:48 AM

9 replies

Aug 13, 2012 11:02 AM in response to deggie

I do use my iPad apps for Mail, Contacts, etc. But if any question should arise about the messages that are downloading to the Mail app's Inbox, for example, I should be able to login to my iCloud account in Safari to see which messages are sitting on the server. I've done this on my Mac many times. It makes no sense that I can't do the same thing on my iPad.

Aug 13, 2012 11:29 AM in response to alansky1

You can use iCab Mobile to log into your iCloud.com account on the iPad. You must identify iCab as a desktop browser. I use iCab Mobile and I identify it as Fire Fox 4.0 for Mac. I can log into my account this way.

I do NOT have iCloud email so I'm not positive that you can log into the email this way, but IF I recall correctly from reading a couple of other posts, it will work.

If you want to take a chance, download iCab for $1.99 (I think). I can tell you this much - it is a superior browser to Safari on the iPad in just about anyway that you can imagine - even if you can't access your iCloud mail.

Aug 13, 2012 6:49 PM in response to Demo

So iCab Mobile looks like an Interesting browser; but unfortunately, iCloud email is unusable when accessed through iCab Mobile. I can log in to my iCloud account, but only 4 out of the 543 messages in my Inbox, are being displayed. Perhaps this problem has something to do with the fact that iCloud thinks that iCab Mobile (masquerading as Firefox 4) is an unsupported browser. The web can really be a can of worms sometimes.

Why can't I log into iCloud on my iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.