Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I empty my trash after getting error code -8003 message?

Error code -8003 prevents me from emptying my trash. What to do?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Aug 13, 2012 12:51 PM

6 replies

Aug 14, 2012 12:45 AM in response to one1dering

I don't know that it will help, but you might want to check out this article from MacWorld concerning Trash problems. The article begins with a user with an error -8003 and goes on to explain how to really empty your trash.

Note that you'll need to download Onyx to follow the instructions - go ahead and downoad it now.

Should you have any problems, call back. If the article solves your problem, let me know.

Clinton

Aug 14, 2012 5:53 AM in response to one1dering

Quckest way, but only if you are confident using the console to execute commands:-

Open console

Type - "cd ~/.Trash" then the enter key (do not type the "" marks)

Type "ls -al" then enter key just to make sure you are in the .Trash directory (again do not type the "" marks)

You can also type "pwd" then enter key which should show you /Users/username/.Trash

If you are positive that you are in the .Trash directory

Type "sudo rm -Rf *" then the enter key (again do not type the "" marks) DO NOT TYPE THIS COMMAND IN ANY OTHER DIRECTORY - This command tells the OS to remove (rm) recursively (R) and forcibly (f) everything in the current directory (*) as a root user (sudo)

All done

If the above looks too complicated or you are not happy using the console to execute commands, do it the other ways outlined above.

Jerry

How can I empty my trash after getting error code -8003 message?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.