Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What software do I need to create this animation?

Please watch the first 60 seconds of this video. I want to create videos pretty much exactly like this fellow is doing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYvmjdqpT7Y

What software do I need to create those multi-layered still-image animations? I assume it's the same software that also does the animated text.

Anyone know what he's using to get those still images to animate under and over each other?

-JOHN

Posted on Aug 13, 2012 2:17 PM

4 replies

Aug 13, 2012 2:58 PM in response to Plenty7

One way would be to use Photoshop. Open a new file in PS and select the film/video preset. Build up your image in layers with the sections you want to move or appear on seperate layers. Then import image into FCP, drag onto your timeline and double-click clip to open up the layers. From there animate each layer as need be.

More info here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5152

Aug 13, 2012 7:26 PM in response to Plenty7

Thank you for the replies. I read up a bit on the software you all recommended. The consensus seems to be that Motion is easier and more Mac-integrated than AfterEffects. So, if I follow your advice, it's between Motion and Photoshop. Photoshop seems to have a steep learning curve compared to Motion (I'm guessing) and Motion is also cheap at $49.

So all those floating images ... one image zooming in over another that stays stable ... pop up text ... all that can be done in Motion, right?

I ask again because the Apple promo page for Motion doesn't really give me an indication of it doing this, but I also understand this is creative software and it can do a lot of things that can't be individually intemized in a promo page.

If I can get those moving graphics, I'm sold.

Thanks for the lead.

-JOHN

What software do I need to create this animation?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.