Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I've found a solution to the problem Dictation in Mountain Lion

hi

yes I've found a solution to the problem Dictation in Mountain Lion and it work with me now :

User uploaded file

you will find in :

User uploaded file

and dont forget delete file name : com.apple.assistant.plist

and rustart your computer .

i hope it help alot of people ..

abdulla - dubai - .

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion, solution to the problem Dictation

Posted on Aug 13, 2012 5:21 PM

11 replies

Aug 16, 2012 1:09 PM in response to abdulla119

I have the dictation up and running in a new version of Pages but it just keeps running and running and not doing a thing. I could have typed my sentence 5 times by the time I waited for anything to happen.

I have used Dragon on the iPad and it is amazing. Seems that the iOS platform for the new iPad makes dictation a breeze. A world different than trying to make it work on a laptop device using Mountain Lion.

I think there are kinks to be worked out. Looking forward to an update 🙂

Aug 25, 2012 9:18 PM in response to Jamal Morelli

I know your frustration. I had it working at work and then it quit working when I went home to a different network. I tried everything suggested here, on YouTube and other blogs. Adding DNS IPs, turning Dictation On and Off, tossing .plists, resetting SMC, booting in single user mode, and zapping PRAM did not work. I tried a clean account I created when I installed ML and it didn't work either. I let it go for awhile and created a new account for using Apple Configurator for other purposes. For kicks I tried Dictation with this new account and it worked. Assuming the issue was account specific, I then logged into my other account and Dictation worked. Strange. Maybe future OS updates will resolve the Dictation issues.

Nov 3, 2012 3:50 AM in response to abdulla119

Can someone explain to me why I can't find the file under /Library/Preferences UNLESS I use the GO menu like stated above? I just browsed my way to the \Library\Prefernces folder on my iMac hard drive, and I see a different set of files than if I access it through the GO menu. What am I missing here? Am I not understanding something about the file structure here?

I've found a solution to the problem Dictation in Mountain Lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.