Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Boot Camp rendered useless after re-partitioning

I was attempting to increase my Boot Camp partition by reducing the size of OS X in Disk Utility. This left me with a Mac OS Journaled, Windows NTFS and a new 35GB blank partition. The instrutions I was going by said that there was a Disk Manager utility in Wondows 7 that would let Windows use up that new 35GB partition. Well that didn't work.

After going back to OSX to change the blank partition to FAT32 (thinking Windows couldn't use it if it didn't recognize the file format), my Boot Camp partition was no longer available as a startup disk when I reboot.

So when I reboot my computer now, I only see the Macintosh HDD and the Recovery Disk. The Bootcamp Partition is still there here but not showing at reboot. Boot Camp assistant only provides options for downloading Windows Support Software or Remobving Windows7. Paralells still boots in to my Boot Camp partition.

HELP

Posted on Aug 13, 2012 5:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2012 5:57 PM

Try this. You can't use repartion a Boot Camp drive through normal means, and since you are still able to use Parallels with your current Boot Camp partition I believe this method will work for you:

http://www.thenoisecast.com/2011/03/change-bootcamp-partition-size-without-losin g-windows/

4 replies

Aug 14, 2012 3:03 PM in response to Nachos Libres

If you are on Lion or Mountain Lion and using Winclone to back up your Boot Camp partition, you will have better luck using the latest version, Winclone 3.4 at http://www.twocanoes.com. (Full disclosure: I am an employee of Twocanoes Software). The earlier version is still kicking around but it's long in the tooth and will not run reliably on the newer Mac OS versions.

Boot Camp rendered useless after re-partitioning

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.