Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't delete Rohos Logon key software, no Admin access either

I am on OS X 10.6.8 and am having problems with Rohos Logon key.

I tried to delete all the Rohos Logon files but have missed some as I get my login screen only momentarily and then it disappears so am unable to login to make changes that require a login. The unistall app from Rohos doesn't see anything so is not picking up on any hidden or related files.

I have not used the software to create a USB key.

This software is a disaster.

Their website describes a way to uninstall Rohos Logon key but it is far from clear how or whether this works, the language/grammar is really dodgy.

http://www.rohos.com/products/rohos-logon-key-for-mac/troubleshooting/

This is only a recent install of their software, last 4 weeks, so whats the best solution to getting my login window back to normal?

Is it possible to circumvent the Rohos software by changing my admin password?

Or should I do an install of Snow Leopard (not a clean install) over the existing OS and apply the updates?

Although I use Time Machine the oldest backup is only 3 weeks old as the HD had to replaced (Failed LaCie 1 TB unit, now running a 2 TB WD).

Any help wd be much appreciated.

24" iMac, OS X 10.6.8, 2 TB WD Time Machine HD

Posted on Aug 13, 2012 10:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 10:42 AM

Hi everyone,

After several search ... i found multiple solutions to resolve it

First Solution

restart your mac and hold down

command + s

bottons

type

/sbin/mount -uw

after that type

rm /var/db/auth.db

and press Enter

type

rm /var/db/.AppleSetupDone

press Enter and type

reboot

Press Enter and setup a New Admin Account without losing any folders or pictures

after that you download Rohos again a unzip file and “UninstallRohosLogon.app” and follow instructions just Next and finish then click to the apple icone and close session and open your old session remove the last account and do what ever you want.

i think this is a easiest way i found it after several hours of work on this topic

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2015 10:42 AM in response to drowningindata

Hi everyone,

After several search ... i found multiple solutions to resolve it

First Solution

restart your mac and hold down

command + s

bottons

type

/sbin/mount -uw

after that type

rm /var/db/auth.db

and press Enter

type

rm /var/db/.AppleSetupDone

press Enter and type

reboot

Press Enter and setup a New Admin Account without losing any folders or pictures

after that you download Rohos again a unzip file and “UninstallRohosLogon.app” and follow instructions just Next and finish then click to the apple icone and close session and open your old session remove the last account and do what ever you want.

i think this is a easiest way i found it after several hours of work on this topic

Can't delete Rohos Logon key software, no Admin access either

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.