Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4 won't turn on when plugged into computer nor charger

My refurbished iPhone 4 has the latest iOS 5.1.1 update and my mom's computer has iTunes version 10.6.3.25. However, recently it has been having issues holding a charge and now as of yesterday it won't turn on period. When it does it's only for a split few seconds and then it turns off again.

When it's connected to a wall charger it immediately turns on

User uploaded file

and then lock screen apprears with the message "activation required". *Note it says it has at least 75% battery*

User uploaded file

Upon entering my lock code my home page is only a page that says to "connect to iTunes".

User uploaded file

When I attempt to take the phone off the charger, it dies

User uploaded file

and is completely unresponsive as I connect it to a computer.

User uploaded file

The computer doesn't recognize it and the screen remains black.

User uploaded file

If I leave the phone alone on the charger it will continously go through a process of shutting itself off and turning back on. The time always restarts at around 7p or so and the date is Wednesday, December 31st. Also as it's plugged in, I manage to turn the phone off and on and reset it but the phone just keeps displaying the "activation required" screen. Can this be fixed at a Genius bar or should I have it replaced?

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Aug 14, 2012 12:45 AM

1 reply

iPhone 4 won't turn on when plugged into computer nor charger

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.