Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I switch from using my desktop to my MacBook to sync my iPhone without having to install my entire music library on my MacBook?

I have a Mac Pro desktop which I use to sync my iPhone. I also have a MacBook. I sync my iPhone to the cloud. I just bought an iPad, and I intend to sync that to the cloud too.

I am going on a trip for several months, and will be taking my iPad and iPhone with me. I will not have access to my desktop, but I will have my MacBook. The MacBook does not have enough space for my entire iTunes music library, not to mention movies and TV shows. My iPhone has my entire iTunes music library, and a few TV shows and a movie.

I want to take my MacBook with me on the trip and then sync my iPad and my iPhone to the cloud using the MacBook. Can I switch my iPhone syncing from the desktop to the MacBook without having to install my entire music library on the MacBook?

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Aug 14, 2012 2:40 AM

There are no replies.

Can I switch from using my desktop to my MacBook to sync my iPhone without having to install my entire music library on my MacBook?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.