Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facetime Camera Problems After Sleep

After my Macbook Air (2012) has been asleep for a while, upon turning back on, no application can use the in-built Facetime camera. I've tried resetting the PRAM and SMC and this problem still occurs. If it's only asleep for say 10 mins it seems to be fine, it's just after long periods e.g. overnight. Restarting fixes teh problem but sleep mode shouldn't be breaking the camera. Currently running Mountain Lion.

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Aug 14, 2012 3:17 AM

9 replies

Sep 27, 2012 1:10 AM in response to Chris2107

Exactly same problem here. Air 13'', mid 2012. Currently running OS X 10.8.2 (12C54), but I had this issue since I got the machine, which came with OS X 10.7. All subsequent upgrades did not solve the issue.

I should also add that the thing is not deterministic. Sometimes the machine goes to sleep and everything is allright when it wakes up, but most of the times the camera won't work after waking up. Rebooting always solves the problem, so I would say that it is most likely a SW problem.

Unlike the original post, I don't think that there is a relation between the length of the sleep and the problem showing up or not. I am pretty sure that I had it happening after both long and short sleeps.

Facetime Camera Problems After Sleep

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.