Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I bought a Macbook Pro 13" yesterday.

I bought a Macbook Pro yesterday and be as unlucky as I am. Water got spilled on it and now it wont work. Is there a 30 day money back kind of thing or will they replace it. Does the warranty cover anything to fix it?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 14, 2012 7:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2012 7:09 AM

Sorry but what you just bought you turned into a Door Stop.

No the warranty does not cover accidents. You will need to have it fixed at your own expense or just buy another.

5 replies

Aug 14, 2012 7:49 AM in response to tbroherd

I've lost a lot of phones in water in my time, and if u open them up and leave them to dry for two months or longer (without turning them on) then for some magical reason some of them have worked just fine. Your mbp is most likely dead, but wait a couple of months before u buy a new one and check if it works if u cant get it repaired.

Aug 14, 2012 10:05 AM in response to tbroherd

The "rice in a bag" trick only works if the water was just water, not something flavored, sugared or otherwise enhanced.

If it doesn't work, the repairs may cost more than you paid for it; logic board, keyboard, cabling, the optical drive, maybe the hard drive.

The only option you have at this point is homeowners'/renters' insurance. Many cases of accident computer damage have turned out to be covered, subject to whatever deductible you have. Put your insurance carrier on notice ASAP.

Theres no way to like, Hey I bought this yesterday and it isnt working?

Ethics, my friend, ethics. We have to take responsibility for our actions.

Plus you're asking in a forum sponsored by Apple.

I bought a Macbook Pro 13" yesterday.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.