Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Panasonic hdchs900 Question

I had a quick question. We are shooting a movie with a panasonic hdchs900. What is the best format to shoot the highest quality movie? We will be showing the finished product at a theatre and selling it as DVDs. A good deal of the editing will be done in FCP7.

Final Cut Pro 7, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Aug 14, 2012 7:49 AM

2 replies

Aug 14, 2012 9:48 AM in response to EpicSummerMovie

Hi

The highest quality (according to Panasonic) is 1080P50 (or 60) I'm in PAL land. so I'll talk PAL for now. The problem with this is that Log and Transfer won't recognise the non standard frame rate, you will have to convert to Pro Res before importing into FCP. You then have the choice of leaving the frame rate at the original or changing to 25 fps during conversion, and a further choice of editing 50fps in a 25fps timeline or in a 50fps timeline Converting to 25 fps later.

Of course the other option is to shoot at a slightly lower quality at 25fps but I think that camera only has the one progressive setting which is the one we've just talked about, I believe all the others are interlaced although 1080 is one of them.

DM

Panasonic hdchs900 Question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.