Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to get firmware or some other security info

My home PC was hacked this weekend. It was remotely taken over and a lot of my personal info is now missing from files, I also have been experience issues on my itouch. Is there away to see what the credentials are at sites you visit? Can set up some sort of security keys for certain sites? Can I get the latest firmware installed on my itouch and of so what kind do I need?

iPod touch (4th generation), iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Aug 14, 2012 9:22 AM

4 replies

Aug 14, 2012 9:40 AM in response to lllaass

Well that is good to know that at least I have the latest firmware installed, it seems that every time I am on here it's about my itouch apps dropping and booting me back out. Now when I'm in safari it will close unexpectedly, I also have noticed that of I'm on certain site like FB and I leave come back there will be apps added to those sites that I didn't put there. Right now as I'm typing I you my keyboard is trying to freeze up and the words kind of grey out! I'm not sure what else I can do. Have you heard of this happening before?

Aug 14, 2012 9:43 AM in response to Headdy1975

Try the standard fixes to rule out a software problem:

- Reset. Nothing is lost

Reset iPod touch: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Go to Settings>Safari and clear cookies, data and history

- Restore from backup

- Restore to factory settings/new iPod

if still problem that indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.

Aug 14, 2012 10:09 AM in response to lllaass

Thank you for that help, I have tried that in the past, I still would like to know how to see credentials on sites and about extra security for my personal info stored on my itouch! Since I charged my itouch through the pc that got hacked. I think it would be a good idea to know why site I am visiting. Some sort of warnning maybe? Idk.

I need to get firmware or some other security info

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.