Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notifications settings

I've tried to adjust to the changes in Calendar (from iCal) with reminders, now shown by Notifications (banners). The old iCal reminders would give me a choice of when to next remind me on that, or just close it when I was done. I LIVE by my iCal Reminders, not so with Calendar Alerts. Unless I'm missing something, there's no other choices other that "Snooze" or "Close" with them, right? I've looked in the OS System Preferences, Calendar Preferences, but no setting allows for adjustment. And, I am afraid (not positive) if one Snoozes a Notification Alert too many times - or past the setting date/time of the Calendar reminder - it just goes away. And you can only reset it by going to Calendar and changing the date. I may have been overusing iCal Reminders, but it was how I kept my life on time. I'm sure there are others out there with more on their Calendar (pun intended) than I do but I NEED the old type ability to reschedule a pop up reminder not just snooze it. I've thought I should just move all my reminders to MS Outlook, it still does the reminders with the ability to when to next remind.

Any ideas, suggestions? Am I missing some setting? Or is Calendar just different now with Notification Alerts and that's what I have to live with - or without.

These Support Community boards have been great in helping solve Mountain Lion issues, and I want to thank all the smart people out there with the answers/suggestions. I've had about four that stumped me, and got solved through people here (and I don't get stumped often).

I should add that on my home network I have an older Mac Pro still running Lion 10.7.4 (sad I can upgrade it to ML) and using my iCloud + iCal sync, also an iPad 1st Gen and an iPhone 4S connected to the iCloud syncing. It was so cool before to set a reminder in Calendar from my iPad near my bed to remind me the next day when I was at this computer (My MacBook Pro - early 2011 if it matters)...poof, there was that reminder. They're still there but this limitation on the Notification center settings is really bugging me. I've turned off the Notifications once because they pop up every 10 or so minutes, but I think if an alert is there when Notifications is turned off and it passes it's gone and one has to go back to Calendar and reset it.

Help. I need my Calendar (like it was in iCal)!

Tom

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion, 8 GB RAM

Posted on Aug 14, 2012 10:27 AM

There are no replies.

Notifications settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.