Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 4S Cracked Back Glass Repair

The other day I dropped my Iphone 4S and got 2 little cracks in the back glass. I have been reading up on discussions on this website and saw where many people have said I could get it fixed for around $30. I just got off the phone with apple and they told me it would cost me $199! (Which is totally ridiculious and not worth it) Could anyone give me any info or feedback on this?
By the way there are no actual apple stores close to me, only Bell Mobility where I purchased my phone.

iPhone 4S

Posted on Aug 14, 2012 11:48 AM

2 replies

Aug 14, 2012 11:55 AM in response to abbylea99

I have a coworker that had the back of his iPhone 4 replaced for about $30 USD at the local Apple store while he waited. The $199 USD fee is for what is called an out of warranty repair (actually a reconditioned replacement). Unfortunately, I think the key to getting the lower cost is to make an appointment with the Genius Bar at an Apple store. Since you don't live close to an Apple store, you may be out of luck.

Iphone 4S Cracked Back Glass Repair

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.