Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does a Macbook Air 11 inch (2012) in a speck see thru hard shell case still fit into a 12 South Book Book case for the air?

In other words:

A.) Does the latest book book for air work with the 2012 Air?

and

B.) If my Macbook Air is currently in a speck see thru case, will it also fit into the Book Book case by 12 South, with the Speck case still on it?

Thanks

MacBook Air

Posted on Aug 14, 2012 12:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2012 4:49 PM

A, Yes I know someone with one and its fine although it's a great principle and looks pretty cool I would point out the design has room for improvement...it fits quite loosely and when you see how much the MacBook moves around in it you would think it's designed just for carrying the MacBook, but they advertise for it to be used while in the case

Frequently Asked Questions

Will BookBook for Air fit my MacBook Air?

BookBook for Air comes in two sizes. The 11-inch version is compatible with the newest mid 2011 and the late 2010 11-inch MacBook Air, while the 13-inch cast is compatible with the newest mid 2011, late 2010 and even the original 13-inch Air models.

B, from what I mentioned above I assume it would still fit because of the amount of slack there is

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 14, 2012 4:49 PM in response to Mr. Fernsby

A, Yes I know someone with one and its fine although it's a great principle and looks pretty cool I would point out the design has room for improvement...it fits quite loosely and when you see how much the MacBook moves around in it you would think it's designed just for carrying the MacBook, but they advertise for it to be used while in the case

Frequently Asked Questions

Will BookBook for Air fit my MacBook Air?

BookBook for Air comes in two sizes. The 11-inch version is compatible with the newest mid 2011 and the late 2010 11-inch MacBook Air, while the 13-inch cast is compatible with the newest mid 2011, late 2010 and even the original 13-inch Air models.

B, from what I mentioned above I assume it would still fit because of the amount of slack there is

Aug 14, 2012 4:59 PM in response to Mr. Fernsby

One thing that has always bothered me about the Book Book is the potential for air flow disruption. The path of least resistance for cooling airflow, both in and out of the computer, is the slot opening that is created at the rear of the MacBook Air, when the lid is opened. Yes, I do realize that there exists a smaller opening for this airflow on the top of the hinge, right in front of the screen, but the Book Book will effectively hinder the superior opening, and also permit more "rebreathing" of hot air.

This concern may be lessened by a cooler ambient temp, or light usage of the device. However, if the system is used in less than optimal conditions, I can't see how the net result can be anything but higher operating temps. As we've noticed that quite a few users "peg the redline" on temps, use of the Book Book may be detrimental if you use the unit with it wraped up on the outside.

Other than that, they are awesome looking.

Does a Macbook Air 11 inch (2012) in a speck see thru hard shell case still fit into a 12 South Book Book case for the air?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.