Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is the new Macbook Pro good for business?

I have always been a die-hard pc user since it came out and will still be. However, I also want to experience the Apple ecosystem and am considering the Macbook Pro with retina display. How competent is the laptop (performance-wise and software-wise) for business applications such as modeling and organizing spreadsheets and other information?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Aug 14, 2012 1:23 PM

4 replies

Aug 14, 2012 2:00 PM in response to Neil123Neil

Neil123Neil wrote:

am considering the Macbook Pro with retina display. How competent is the laptop (performance-wise and software-wise) for business applications such as modeling and organizing spreadsheets and other information?

I was one of those people who jumped the gun and purchased a Macbook Retina - 2.7/16/768 - currently only using it to browse the web since MS Office and Photoshop which I use the most is blurry and starts hurting my eyes after a couple of hours of use. I use my late 2011 15 Inch more.

I'm sure Adobe and Microsoft will release an update for their programs to run better and take advantage of the Retina Display.

But for now - go with what WJOSTEN says. As I currently own a $4K paperweight.

Is the new Macbook Pro good for business?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.