Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does the apple mac mini have a usb flash device /pen drive?

Does the apple mac mini have a usb flash device/pen drive?

Posted on Mar 27, 2006 4:26 PM

8 replies

Mar 27, 2006 6:24 PM in response to Apple fan 88

Hello Again! Every computer manufactured today 9as far as I know) has usb ports and can use a wide variety of usb devices such as mice, keyboards, printers, USB FLASH DRIVES, etc. The flash drive is just plugged into the usb port and an icon of a disk pops up on the desktop (mac) and you use it as you would a floppy or hard drive. Its just a storage device. I personally use a 1 gig flash drive. Tom

Apr 7, 2006 2:49 AM in response to Apple fan 88

The little white remote mentioned in the previous message works using infared (the infrared reciever is located next to the disc drive slot.

It controls front row (itunes, imovie etc) allowing you to change the volume and navigate through your tunes, movies and photos. You can also use it to sleep or wake you mac. (I love it!) Further explanations are provided in the mini user's guide when you purchase the mini.

Yes this little device comes free with the new intel mini!

I think the previous guys have explained all there is to know about memory sticks aka usb pens or flash drives. Just plug it in to use and eject or drag it to the trash to disconnect it.

Apr 7, 2006 3:10 AM in response to Apple fan 88

I know at the USA and Canadian Apple Stores online store you can buy a 512mb refurbished shuffle for cheap, and you can use it as a flash drive and also to listen to music on. It's tested plus it's covered by the same warranty and has free shipping. I bought two, one for me and one as a gift and both have had no problems.

Just giving you some options...Hope this helps.

Does the apple mac mini have a usb flash device /pen drive?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.