Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Users unable to send from outside our office

Our 10.5.8 mail server lost power in an electrical outage, and since bringing it back up users have only been able to send via SMTP when they are inside the office, but cannot send from home, for instance, which previously was never a problem. The only exception I have found yet is that I'm able to send mail from my phone's 3G connection – which I fully did not expect.

Since users in out satellite offices aren't having any trouble despite being on a different network than the mail server, I figured the relay settings (mynetworks, I guess) must have something to do with it. I was sure unchecking that option in Server Admin would at least prove that was the problem, but alas – the problem remained.

When I send messages from home I see no indication in our Debug-level SMTP log that I'm even trying to get in there. telnet mail.mynetwork.com 548 refuses the connection.

Can anybody lend a hand? I've never found anything useful (to me) in the logs, but here's postconf -n. When my users are mostly done for the day I'm going to try to comment out smtpd_client_restrictions; I have vague suspicions there.

alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases

command_directory = /usr/sbin

config_directory = /etc/postfix

content_filter =

daemon_directory = /usr/libexec/postfix

debug_peer_level = 2

enable_server_options = yes

html_directory = no

inet_interfaces = all

mail_owner = _postfix

mailbox_size_limit = 0

mailbox_transport = cyrus

mailq_path = /usr/bin/mailq

manpage_directory = /usr/share/man

message_size_limit = 0

mydestination = $myhostname,localhost.$mydomain,localhost,bergerkahn.com,idrmediationservices.c om

mydomain = bergerkahn.com

mydomain_fallback = localhost

myhostname = mail.bergerkahn.com

mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8,209.101.49.128/25,206.40.192.128/25,199.89.0.0/21,207.168.199.224/2 7,67.155.214.88/29,207.168.199.240,206.40.192.254

newaliases_path = /usr/bin/newaliases

owner_request_special = no

queue_directory = /private/var/spool/postfix

readme_directory = /usr/share/doc/postfix

recipient_delimiter = +

relayhost =

sample_directory = /usr/share/doc/postfix/examples

sendmail_path = /usr/sbin/sendmail

setgid_group = _postdrop

smtpd_client_restrictions = hash:/etc/postfix/smtpdreject cidr:/etc/postfix/smtpdreject.cidr

smtpd_enforce_tls = no

smtpd_pw_server_security_options = cram-md5,login,plain,gssapi

smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_sasl_authenticated,permit_mynetworks,reject_unauth_destination,permit

smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes

smtpd_tls_cert_file = /etc/certificates/mail.bergerkahn.com.crt

smtpd_tls_key_file = /etc/certificates/mail.bergerkahn.com.key

smtpd_tls_loglevel = 0

smtpd_use_pw_server = yes

smtpd_use_tls = yes

unknown_local_recipient_reject_code = 550

I'll be extremely grateful for any help at all. Thanks!

Posted on Aug 14, 2012 3:17 PM

There are no replies.

Users unable to send from outside our office

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.