Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I open reminders won't open the main window

When I try to open Reminders app the main window is missing, it's working because I can see it active on the menu bar, but i just can't make the window appear. Pressed cmd-0 and no success. Some one knows what is happening? Can somebody help me please? Is there a way to reinstall Reminders app?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Aug 14, 2012 10:13 PM

19 replies

Aug 17, 2012 1:43 PM in response to P-Man MX

This is happening to me. Maddening! It's the only major bug I've found in Mountain Lion. Reminder.app, as it stands, is unusable. I've tried deleting prefs but I can't find ~/Preferences/com.apple.reminders.plist or anything of the sort. Tried unchecking Calendar & Reminders in iCloud Prefs then coming back again later to re-activate them. Same problem. Something corrupt in there... works fine on iPhone & iPad though.

Sep 1, 2012 10:34 PM in response to P-Man MX

I've been having the same problem. To try and solve it, I unchecked the "reminders and calendar" box in the iCloud section of the System Preferences and the Reminders App then was able to show the main window in Reminders. Curiously, the file menu in the program highlights when clicked but doesn't show the menu of file items. Also, I want my calendar to be in iCloud so it will sync with my other calendar, so I don't want to leave it unchecked. This is all so frustrating.

Dec 29, 2012 3:18 PM in response to P-Man MX

This problem has just developed for me. I installed a trial of 2Do, which syncs via iCloud with Reminders. Decided I did not want to use it, so I deleted it and all associated files (NOT my Reminders files, just the 2Do app associated files). Now, when I launch Reminders on my Mac, it launches but the Main window does not show. As mentioned here by others, clicking on the "File" menu item highlights it, but no menu appears. All the other menubar items are functional as usual. I have tried multiple techniques to fix, signing out of iCloud; importing the files I exported as a backup; Time Machine restoration to the Calendars folders inside Library from a date and time before 2Do installed; etc. No help. Interestingly, if I have Reminders open when I import the main Reminders list, the items will show up. If I quit and relaunch, same error as always. I "assume" that the app is trying to sync with iCloud and failing, and it hanging at this stage? I say this because Console gives me a message saying that "A resource changed notification doesn't match any known calendars." All my reminders appear on my iPhone and iPad mini and via the iCloud website. The Mac OS 10.8.2 Reminders app on two laptops does the same thing (described above). So, I know the Reminders are synced across iCloud, but there is a problem with the CalDAV calendar for my main Reminders list that only affects its use on the laptops. Anyone have any ideas?

Oct 7, 2013 12:19 AM in response to P-Man MX

I had the same problem, then it started working - to a sort all on it's own. However, I do not get the list or calendar view and it crashes alot... (screen shot below)

I've tried removing all my lists, did not work

I've switched off icloud on reminders and calendar, did not work

Above and rebooted, did not work

CMD+R and reinstalled, did not work

Restored from back up from three months ago, (it was working then) did not work.

My thought is that it went wrong when I upgraded my iPad and iPhone to iOS 7 and took a look at the iCloud on a web broswer on my windows machine.

Any thoughts anyone?

Thanks in advanced

Graham.

User uploaded file

Oct 17, 2013 12:09 PM in response to aylard

Hello, I get the same result as you (aylard) but not sure why. I can access my icloud accout and all the reminders and tasks lists are there, but not on the imac itself. In oder to see the "Reminders" window (same as above with reduced functionality) on the imac; I first unchecked 'calendars and reminders' in the icloud settings. When I re-checked the 'calendars and reminders' box in the icloud settings, the "Reminders" window is no longer viewable on the imac. Seems like I may as well remove the reminders app from the imac

Comments welcome.

Cheers all,

Graham

<Edited by Host>

When I open reminders won't open the main window

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.