Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard application shortcut for duplicate submenus

Hi!

I am trying to set an application shortcut in the Keyboard preferences for a submenu entry. Unfortunately, the same submenu entry exists under different menu items with a different meaning.

Using Lightroom 4, under the "Photo" menu, there is a submenu "Set Rating" with an entry "None", which defaults to have the shortcut "0". Fine.

But then, also under "Photo", there is another submenu called "Set Color Label", which also has an entry "None", but no keyboard shortcut. Grrr.

Under OSX 10.7, I could define a menu item like ">Photo>Set Color Label>None" to define exactly which item I want to use, but that doesn't work in 10.8 anymore. If I just change "None", it gets assigned to both submenu items, and the wrong one gets executed.

Of course, I could start an Automator action to execute an AppleScript... But maybe someone has a better idea? Did Apple maybe just replace the ">..>.." syntax with a different one? Seems not to be documented anywhere.

Appreciate any ideas!

Cheers,

Hendrik

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion, 8GB, 2.8GHz Core 2 Duo

Posted on Aug 15, 2012 1:09 AM

2 replies

Keyboard application shortcut for duplicate submenus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.