Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GPS data from Nikon AW100

Does anybody know how to get the GPS data from a Nikon AW100 to show in places? I've recently bought a Nikon AW100 which is GPS enabled and I was hoping that Places would show where the pictures were taken but alas nothing shows up. Where am I going wrong? Many thanks

Posted on Aug 15, 2012 1:45 AM

6 replies

Aug 15, 2012 9:12 AM in response to gingernath

Did the camera actually record GPS tags? I do not know your camera, but sometimes the GPS cannot see enough satellites, for example in narrow streets, when only a small part of the sky is visible. Also, you usually have to wait a few minutes, before the position is fixed, after turning on the GPS.

Does the Nikon indicate, how many satellites it sees, and if it is recording the position?

Aug 15, 2012 9:59 AM in response to gingernath

Thank you all- it appears that the GPS function was buried away in a separate menu from the normal menu. The Nikon has an icon that indicates it senses movement- unfortunately this looks like a satellite so I assumed (wrongly) that GPS was turned on. Your answers prompted me to press every button and hey presto, I found the GPS menu, I've now taken some photos and all of the GPS data imported exactly as I suspected. Thank you for your comments.

GPS data from Nikon AW100

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.