Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Isn't jailbreaking risky?

When I try to download movies,games,or even Siri ,it says that you have to jailbreak your iPad. I really want to download Siri on my iPad.so I'd like to know the proper clear steps of jailbreaking and advices if required!

Posted on Aug 15, 2012 1:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2012 2:00 AM

Jailbreaking will void your warranty, open up your device to viruses and malware, and you will no longer get any support from Apple or these forums : http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3743

12 replies

Aug 15, 2012 2:24 AM in response to cutypie

What generation is your iPad first of all ? Jailbreaking can sometimes be risky if you're using the wrong program. It may result in a frozen screen, viruses that slow the iPad down, and lag will start occurring more often. It may also result in wiping your iPad. I would recommend for you to wait until iOS 6 comes out this fall and get Siri from there since the update is coming with Siri and other cool features. I hope you do know that when an Apple device is jailbroken, warranty is automatically cancelled and Apple will no longer support the device. Hope I helped.

Aug 15, 2012 3:01 AM in response to cutypie

You do NOT need to jailbreak to play non-iTunes store movies. Because of the language barrier (and the, generaly, substandard quality of Apple's HD encoder), I prefer ripping my own BD discs.My non-jailbroken iPads play them just perfectly.

The same stands for almost every file format imaginable. It's only in very rare cases (e.g., 24-bit or lossless WMA) that you do need jailbreaking to be able to play - everything else can be played back without JB.

Isn't jailbreaking risky?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.