Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad multi language support

I'm trying to use multiple languages with an iPad...

Thé only solution Is to change thé keyboard...

Everybody seems to fins this Is à solution.....

At à maximum, it Is à work arrond., but not à solution....

See this message, i left some of thé bad corrections so you CAN see it Is really not ok.

Nevertheless, i remove thé worst auto corrections, if not it was completely impossible to understand thé message...

Should be normal That this very bad implémentation must be . There are lot of people that write in à différent language than they usually type. Writing in english with à French keyboard Is not an exception in thé world, only for Mac. ;-(

For info to make this message à bit read able i had to suppress more than 2 words a Line....

Bernard

iPad 2, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Aug 15, 2012 2:27 AM

9 replies

Aug 15, 2012 5:00 AM in response to Bernard Je

What i would like to do Is to write in english or in french with a belgian keyboard

This seems to be impossible because the spelling Is apparently linked to the keyboard layaout.

If i want to write in english with speller, i must type on a keyboard layaout that Is far from natural for me.

If i keep thé normal keyboard layout, i have word replacement that make my message unreadable, or i havé to review every 5 words which Is very borring.

All m'y other devices correct l'y switch thé speller based on thé context automatically, really à pitty that thé Apple mots known tablet can't and that thé Apple développer even don't think to make this available since 2 or 3 years

I voluntary let lot's of thèse errors in thé message so you CAN see thé situation. I only removed all that make impossible to understand for an english people.....

Is it more clear ?

Aug 15, 2012 5:14 AM in response to Bernard Je

Bernard Je wrote:

This seems to be impossible because the spelling Is apparently linked to the keyboard layaout.

Yes, but if you will tap on the English item in the keyboard list, you will find that you can choose between qwerty, azerty, and qwertz. Choose azerty and you are just like the Belgian keyboard, no?

You can ask Apple for changes via

http://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html

Aug 15, 2012 5:20 AM in response to Bernard Je

I think you misunderstanding me.

I work in différent languages but want to keep my keyboard layout and havé thé spelling adapted to thé language i use when typing.

So if i write à message in english on my belgian layout keyboard, it should correct in english

If the next message Is in french, i'm expecting hé correct using thé french spelling, keeping thé belgian keyboard layout.

This what i havé on all m'y other devices, but apparently not possible in thé iPad world.

In belgian, we havé at min 4 languages very frequently used .... Switch all thé Time Is à nightmare, and type on a qwerty layout Is not pleasant...

But may be there Is on solution, what Is à pitty, but may be à réality.

iPad multi language support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.