Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an issue with photobooth or i dont know what it is, the problem is that the picture suddenly goes dark so i need to fix that, please help me out someone says that the video card amd is not good, appreciate your help

I have an issue with photobooth or i dont know what it is, the problem is that the picture suddenly goes dark so i need to fix that, please help me out someone says that the video card amd is not good, appreciate your help

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Aug 15, 2012 4:30 AM

1 reply

Aug 15, 2012 9:42 AM in response to DTOON

(1) Per http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3097, use good (meaning very bright, single-source) light.

(2) Restart Mac and record a Photo Booth image or video clip in full sunlight. (Sometimes simply restarting will resolve minor issues.)

View the test recording inside (not in sunlight) to see the best quality your Mac can give.

If playback brightness of this brightly lighted test recording varies, your Mac definitely has a problem.

(3) You can check your video card with Apple Hardware Test. (AHT may not find some problems, so don't assume your vid card is OK simply because AHT tests "pass".)

(4) If AHT does not find your problem, check your camera in more than one user account and more than one app (test iMovie and QuickTime Player video recordings, too) as suggested in http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1509

(Apple has changed the built-in camera's name on newer Macs from "iSight" to "FaceTime" and then to "FaceTime HD." Regardless of the name of your built-in camera, the same info and troubleshooting applies.)

(5) If nothing helps, contact Apple or an Apple-Authorized Service Provider for a professional check.

Message was edited by: EZ Jim

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.