Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

os x mountain lion dosen't detect external projector

Mac os x mountain lion dosen't detect external projector.

MacBook Air (13-INCH, MID 2011), OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Aug 15, 2012 3:54 AM

6 replies

Sep 16, 2012 6:26 PM in response to bicidocintra

Same problem here

Hardware:

Macbook Pro 13" Early 2011

Problem:

After upgrade to Mountain Lion I can't connect ANY external display or projector.

Thins that I've already tryed:

1) PRAM NVRAM reset - DIDN'T WORK

2) Fresh install Mountain Lion - DIDN'T WORK

3) Try others HDMI or VGA adapters - DIDN'T WORK

4) Downgrade (reinstall) Lion - all my adapters and external display worked again

Here is the chronology of the problem:

1) With Lion - Everything worked fine

2) Upgrade to Mountain Lion (10.8.0) - My HDMI adapter stoped work, but my VGA adapter worked fine

3) Update to Mountain Lion (10.8.1) - My VGA adapter died too. Now none of them work. No HDMI and no VGA.

4) Update to Mountain Lion (10.8.2 12C53 - I have an mac developer account) - DESPERATE TRY TO SEE IF APPLE FIXED, BUT NOTHING. SAME PROBLEMS, ANYTHING (HDMI and VGA) WORK.

Dec 5, 2012 7:05 AM in response to bicidocintra

If you are still having problems with "Detect Display" I too realized with Mountain Lion it disappeared from "system preference" - Display. I found though by pressing the option button "Detect Display" appears.

I have the same problem you are having "Mac os x mountain lion dosen't detect external projector." So when I go to "Detect Display" my Mac still doesn't detect the external device. Hopefully it will for you.

os x mountain lion dosen't detect external projector

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.