Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does new safari have bugs

AM I THE ONLY ONE???

I just upgraded my macbook to new Mountain Lion and Safari is flipping out. I have to use firefox to post this thread. Insane.

Here's what's wrong:

- if i'm on facebook and then in address bar i type google.com, all it does it refreshes the page so I land back to facebook

- All the buttons on on ANY website are almost unclickable. When you scroll over button, you still see arrow instead of cursor and you can't even click on the button, but when you go on a random white area of the website, all of the suddon cursor appears. If you click on that you refresh the page.

- sometimes if the page is long, I can't even scroll to see the bottom of the page.

My questions is if I'm the only one who has these bugs or is there anybody else? Also, where can I report this to apple, cause it's only this macbook with only safari that has issues and that was after upgrade.

Please help. Thank you

MacBook, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Aug 15, 2012 6:23 AM

4 replies

Aug 15, 2012 6:30 AM in response to casank25

No problems with Safari or Facebook on Mountain Lion / Safari 6 here.

Try some troubleshooting.

From your Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Privacy tab.

Click: Remove All Website Data

Now back to the menu bar, click Safari > Reset Safari.

Select: Clear History (that also empties the cache). Deselect the other boxes then click Reset.

Quit then relaunch Safari. If that doesn't help, open the Finder. From the Finder menu bar click Go > Go to Folder

Type or copy / paste: ~/LIbrary/Caches/com.apple.Safari/Cache.db

Click Go then move the Cache.db file to the Trash

Quit and relaunch Safari.

Does new safari have bugs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.