Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to install mountain Lion on multiple computers

Hi, my friend downloaded a os x mountain to his mac and he allows me use his account to download it to my mac to for free, but if i download it, can i use my apple id or i need to use the apple id of my friend because he used that to download it???plesase help me

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Aug 15, 2012 7:07 AM

12 replies

Aug 18, 2012 9:38 AM in response to holidayhanson

May I install 10.8 on my mbp and my wife's mbp if we use two different apple ids?

You can install on both with one license, but you have to use the same AppleID to download the installer.

The AppleID you use doesn't matter and doesn't affect the user of the computer except you must use that AppleID if you need to re-install the OS.

Once installed, she can use her AppleID to log into iCloud, iTunes Store, and the Mac App store.

Aug 18, 2012 1:45 PM in response to Barney-15E

Thank you Barney!

I was wondering what would happen to her icloud and photostream data if I Installed with my apple id. We share an iPad with her apple id but it was synched with my Mbp. A screwy mess as it does not make it easy to dump photos from her machine into the iPad. I don't want to go down a similar path with our Mbps.

Save that discussion for another topic.

I will hold out for 10.8.1 though. Just want to get the ducks in a row first.

How to install mountain Lion on multiple computers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.