Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Filter referenced pictures located in a specific directory

I'm trying to consoliate all my pictures to a directory structure on external disk. Most of my files 16K files are located there. Of those 16K files, I have 6K files that are located on my local storage (MBA). I would like to create a filter to find all referenced pictures located on specfic directory and not the external storage. Something like where the directory like "/Mac HD/Users/myacct/Pictures/" Is this possible?

TIA,

Scott

Posted on Aug 15, 2012 10:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2012 10:56 AM

Hi Scott,

You can easily find all images on the system or the external volume, but not a specific directory without resorting to writing an AppleScript.

Quit Aperture, then dismount (eject) your external volume, to make all originals on that volume offline, and then restart Aperture.

Then define a search, or a smart album; with the added rule "File status is offline", and all your originals on the external volume should be listed in this album. Then flag them or tag them with a keyword or color label.

A second album; "file status is online" should give you the images on the system drive.

Regards

Léonie

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2012 10:56 AM in response to sjohns61

Hi Scott,

You can easily find all images on the system or the external volume, but not a specific directory without resorting to writing an AppleScript.

Quit Aperture, then dismount (eject) your external volume, to make all originals on that volume offline, and then restart Aperture.

Then define a search, or a smart album; with the added rule "File status is offline", and all your originals on the external volume should be listed in this album. Then flag them or tag them with a keyword or color label.

A second album; "file status is online" should give you the images on the system drive.

Regards

Léonie

Filter referenced pictures located in a specific directory

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.