Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing screen from matte to glossy

I have a late 2007 MPB. It is possible to change the screen from matte to glossy ?

Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Aug 15, 2012 10:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2012 10:13 AM

No offense, but with that old of a computer it's not really worth the money. I'm sure Apple could do it, but it would be expensive.

7 replies

Aug 15, 2012 11:02 AM in response to Louis-Etienne Vallee

You would need to replace the screen, which is a very expensive proposition. Some repair shops have "preowned" parts and may be willing to do the swap.

The question is Why?

Most people I know are fed up with the reflections and not being able to use the Mac productively outdoors so they would rather go from glossy to matte. But to each his own....

Aug 15, 2012 11:51 AM in response to Louis-Etienne Vallee

Glossy is generally considered inferior.

There are kits you can buy to go from [inferior] glossy to [superior] matte by applying window film, but applying the film without introducing debris is difficult.

There are no kits to go the other way, as glossy is considered inferior.

If your Mac is not meeting your needs, buy a different one that meets your needs.

Aug 15, 2012 12:23 PM in response to Louis-Etienne Vallee

Just get the screen protector man, very cheap easy way of getting what you want.

Few dollars at best.

Changing the screen? Thats a big exercise for a slightly older computer now.

If your going to spend a few hundred dollars, just sell yours for a few hundred $, add your few hundred you were going to spend on the screen, and buy a nice 2010 model off someone on ebay. Maybe if your lucky you could get one with some applecare left.

Otherwise just the screen protector!

Changing screen from matte to glossy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.