Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook original(2008) won't start after water damage

Hi guys, my macbook originial (2009) won't start because of I think water damage. I was on a plane and I found my backpack was wet be ause of my leaking water bottle. I immediately took out everything. My iPad,the MacBook and all the chargers and whatnot. The water touched the left side of the macbook (the USB side) including the MagSafe port. So I wiped it and left it to dry for about 36 hours. When I got to my house, I checked the iPad and it was ok and so was its charger. I tried to connect the MagSafe but it shows a dim light which means its not charging. So I decided to clean the connections and tried again but no luck. I got once lucky by reconnecting multiple times till it started and it's fans were blowing like ****. Everything was normal then I saw the battery icon. It said batteries not available. Powered by power cord. Then I went out for a while and when I came back the macbook was switched off by my brother. So what can I do now?

Sorry but I live in Malaysia so there is no genius bar :(

Any help will be appreciated!

MacBook (13-inch Late 2009), Mac OS X (10.5.7)

Posted on Aug 15, 2012 2:03 PM

1 reply

MacBook original(2008) won't start after water damage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.